Hope everyone’s soaking up their Sunday with family. I got my site back up and running just in time to share our week of meals. Let me know what you think of the new look and if you have any suggestions on recipes you think we need to try please send them our way!
- Beef and Broccoli- one of our favourite meals, it does require a bit of prep with slicing the fry steak and preparing the broccoli but it’s worth all of your effort! Click here for the recipe I use.
- Homemade Pizza- Costco sells packages of 4 pizza crusts that come with the pizza sauce included (so I use the term homemade loosely haha). They’re dairy free and I top with diced chicken, halved cherry tomatoes, spices, bbq sauce and sometimes a little goat cheese, it’s more like a flatbread than a pizza without the cheese on it.
- Honey Mustard Chicken- I haven’t tried this recipe yet (thanks Pinterest!) but it looks delish and better yet, easy! You can find the recipe here. I plan to serve this with rice and broccoli like she suggests.
- Grilled Caesar Salad- It has been a long, long time since I made this and I can’t remember why! There’s a restaurant in Jasper called Downstream they serve a grilled romaine head with avocado caesar dressing and they are to die for! I love to dice up bread and toss it in a fry pan with olive oil and some other spices for croutons. I haven’t figured out the dressing now that we are dairy free, but I will do some testing and share my recipe once I am happy with it! This dinner is so simple, you can throw it on the bbq for a couple minutes with some chicken breast and you’re done! With the weather we’ve been having it may be one of the last bbq dinners we have for awhile!
- Black Bean Burgers- James and I just made these at home for the first time about a month ago and they were SO good! The recipe we used was a good started but we both felt like it needed some more spices and flavour so I will be working on that this time. I will probably serve these with sweet potato fries and keep it really simple! If you have an awesome recipe you want to share, please send it my way!
- Stir Fry- I wish I could give you guys a great recipe for this, but I often throw in whatever is in the fridge to use it up. Carrots, onions, broccoli, chicken and udon noodles or rice. For the sauce I will typically add soy sauce, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, honey or brown sugar, spices, sesame seeds, ginger and garlic.
- This is going to have been a great week of cooking, so I am taking Sunday off! There will be lots of leftovers from the week or we may eat out for dinner!